Why hire a doula?
In nearly every culture throughout history, women have been cared for and surrounded by other women during childbirth. A doula provides emotional, physical, and informational support to the woman and her partner during labor, birth and with their newborn.
With a doula you are MORE likely to have:
- A shorter labor
- A straightforward, vaginal birth
- A greater sense of satisfaction with your birth experience.
- A shorter hospital stay
- A smooth start to breastfeeding Better communication and understanding between you, your partner, and the medical staff.
With a doula you are LESS likely to:
- Have a Cesarean
- Request pain medication
- Need medical interventions, including Pitocin, vacuum extraction and forceps.
- Have a baby who needs special care
- Suffer from Postpartum Depression
In essence, a hiring a doula means healthy, happy moms and babies!